Marcello Musto (York University, Canada)
Terrell Carver (University of Bristol, UK)
Babak Amini (London School of Economics, UK)
Kohei Saito (Osaka City University, Japan)
The Marx renaissance is underway on a global scale. Wherever the critique of capitalism re-emerges, there is an intellectual and political demand for new, critical engagements with Marxism.
The peer-reviewed series Marx, Engels and Marxisms publishes monographs, edited volumes, critical editions, reprints of old texts, as well as translations of books already published in other languages. Our volumes come from a wide range of political perspectives, subject matters, academic disciplines and geographical areas, producing an eclectic and informative collection that appeals to a diverse and international audience.
Our main areas of focus include: the oeuvre of Marx and Engels, Marxist authors and traditions of the 19th and 20th centuries, labour and social movements, Marxist analyses of contemporary issues, and reception of Marxism in the world.
27. Spencer Leonard, Marx, the India Question, and the Crisis of Cosmopolitanism, 2020.
28. Kevin Anderson, Kieran Durkin and Heather Brown (Eds.), Raya Dunayevskaya: Marxism, Humanism, and the Dialectics of Liberation, 2020.
29. Vesa Oittinen, Marxism, Russia, Philosophy, 2020.
30. Giuseppe Vacca, Alternative Modernities: Antonio Gramsci’s Twentieth Century, 2020.
31. Ryuji Sasaki, A New Introduction to Karl Marx, 2020.
32. Monica Quirico and Gianfranco Ragona, Borderline Socialism: Self-Organization and Anti-capitalism, 2021.
33. Marcello Musté, Marxism and Philosophy of Praxis: An Italian perspective from Labriola to Gramsci, 2021.
34. Francesca Antonini, Reassessing Marx’s Eighteenth Brumaire: Dictatorship, State, and Revolution, 2020.
35. Francesco Biagi, Henri Lefebvre: A Critical Theory of Space, 2020.
37. Paresh Chattopadhyay, Socialism in Marx's Capital: Essay in Exploration.
38. Kolja Lindner, Marx, Marxism and the Question of Eurocentrism.
39. Satoshi Matsui, Normative Theories of Liberalism and Socialism: Marxist Analysis of Value.
40. Terrell Carver, Friedrich Engels: His Life and Thought.
41. Kohei Saito, The Legacy of Engels in the 21st Century: A Critical Reexamination.
42. Stefano Petrucciani, Karl Marx: A Critical Inquiry into the Evolution of His Ideas.
43. Jean-Duma Ducange and Elisa Marcobelli, Jean Jaurès, Selected Writings. On Socialism, Pacifism and Marxism.
44. Seongjin Jeong, Korean Capitalism in the 21st Century: Marxist Analysis and Alternatives.
45. Adriana Petra, Intellectuals and Communist Culture: Itineraries, Problems and Debates in Post-war Argentina.
46. Marco Di Maggio, The Rise and Fall of Communist Parties in France and Italy.
47. George Comninel, The Feudal Foundations of Modern Europe.
48. James Steinhoff, Critiquing the New Autonomy of Immaterial Labour: A Marxist Study of Work in the Artificial Intelligence Industry.
49. Joe Collins, Applying Marx’s Capital to the 21st century.
50. Yuki Tsuyoshi, Socialism, Markets and the Critique of Money: The Theory of “Labour Note".
51. Levy del Aguila Marchena, Communism, Political Power and Personal Freedom in Marx.
52. Stefano Petrucciani, Theodor W. Adorno: Philosophy, Society, Aesthetics.
53. Shannon Brincat, Dialectical Dialogues in Contemporary World Politics: A Meeting of Traditions in Global Comparative Philosophy.
54. Geetha V, “Pre-requisites of Communism”: Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar and the Question of Socialism in India.
55. Xavier Vigna, A Political History of Factories in France: The Workers’ Insubordination of 1968.
56. Atila Melegh, Anti-Migrant Populism in Eastern Europe and Hungary: A Marxist Analysis.
Teinosuke Otani, Marx's Theory of Association: The Coming Society is Visible in Capitalism.
Salvatore Prinzi, Representation, Expression, Institution: On Merleau-Ponty’s and Castoriadis’ Political Philosophy.
Kei Ehara (ed.), Japanese Discourses on Marxian Theory of Finance.
Cem Erogul, What is the Individual?: An Essay in Pure Turkish on a Marxist Approach.
Rémy Herrera, Confronting Mainstream Economics for Overcoming Capitalism.
Kirkpatrick McMylor & Fadaee, Marxism, Religion and Emancipatory Politics.
Montoro, Xabier Arrizabalo.
Thomas Kemple, Capital after Classical Sociology: The Faustian Lives of Social Theory.
Marcelo Badaró, The working class: from Marx to our times.
João Antonio de Paula, Hugo Eduardo da Gama Cerqueira, Eduardo da Motta e Albuquerque, and Leonardo Gomes de Deus, Marx’s Economics for the 21st Century.
Zhi Li, The Concept of the Individual in the Thought of Karl Marx.
Vincenzo Mele, Fragments of Metropolis: City and Modernity in the Thought of Georg Simmel and Walter Benjamin.
Mauro Buccheri, Radical Humanism for the Left: The Quest for Meaning in Late Capitalism.