Marcello Musto (York University, Canada)
Terrell Carver (University of Bristol, UK)
Babak Amini (London School of Economics, UK)
Kohei Saito (Osaka City University, Japan)
The Marx renaissance is underway on a global scale. Wherever the critique of capitalism re-emerges, there is an intellectual and political demand for new, critical engagements with Marxism.
The peer-reviewed series Marx, Engels and Marxisms publishes monographs, edited volumes, critical editions, reprints of old texts, as well as translations of books already published in other languages. Our volumes come from a wide range of political perspectives, subject matters, academic disciplines and geographical areas, producing an eclectic and informative collection that appeals to a diverse and international audience.
Our main areas of focus include: the oeuvre of Marx and Engels, Marxist authors and traditions of the 19th and 20th centuries, labour and social movements, Marxist analyses of contemporary issues, and reception of Marxism in the world.
21. Alfonso Maurizio Iacono, The Bourgeois and the Savage, 2020 [MS Due: 8/1/2019].
22. Angel Oliva, Antonio Oliva and Ivan Novara (Eds.), Marx and Contemporary Critical Theory: The Philosophy of Real Abstraction, 2020 [MS Due: 8/15/2019].
23. Jean-Numa Ducange, Jules Guesde: The Birth of Socialism and Marxism in France, 2020 [MS Due: 9/30/2019].
24. Spencer Leonard, Marx, the India Question, and the Crisis of Cosmopolitanism, 2020 [MS Due: 10/1/2019].
25. Kevin Anderson, Kieran Durkin and Heather Brown (Eds.), Raya Dunayevskaya: Marxism, Humanism, and the Dialectics of Liberation, 2020 [MS Due: 11/1/2019].
26. Kaan Kangal, Friedrich Engels and the Dialectics of Nature, 2020 [MS Due: 12/1/2019].
27. Vesa Oittinen, Marxism, Russia, Philosophy, 2020 [MS Due: 1/1/2020].
28. Giuseppe Vacca, Alternative Modernities: Antonio Gramsci’s Twentieth Century, 2020 [MS Due: 1/31/2020].
29. Victor Wallis, Socialist Practice: Histories and Theories, 2020 [MS Due: 1/31/2020].
30. Ryuji Sasaki, A New Introduction to Karl Marx, 2020 [MS Due: 1/31/2020].
31. Monica Quirico and Gianfranco Ragona, Borderline Socialism: Self-Organization and Anti-capitalism, 2021 [MS Due: 5/15/2020].
32. Marcello Musté, Marxism and Philosophy of Praxis: An Italian perspective from Labriola to Gramsci, 2021 [MS Due: 6/1/2020].
33. Francesca Antonini, Reassessing Marx’s Eighteenth Brumaire: Dictatorship, State, and Revolution [MS Due: 12/31/2020.
34. Francesco Biagi, Henri Lefebvre: A Critical Theory of Space [MS Due: 5/1/2020.
35. Kei Ehara (ed.), Japanese Discourses on Marxian Theory of Finance.
36. Paresh Chattopadhyay, Socialism in Marx's Capital: Essay in Exploration.
37. Kolja Lindner, Marx, Marxism and the Question of Eurocentrism.
38. Satoshi Matsui, Normative Theories of Liberalism and Socialism: Marxist Analysis of Value.
Teinosuke Otani, Marx's Theory of Association: The Coming Society is Visible in Capitalism.
Terrell Carver, Engels before Marx (Pivot).
Yuki Tsuyoshi, Historical Phases of the Theory of Labour Note: Some Visions on Money and Market.
Geetha V, “Pre-requisites of Communism”: Bhimrao Ramji Ambedkar and the Question of Socialism in India.
Salvatore Prinzi, Representation, Expression, Institution: On Merleau-Ponty’s and Castoriadis’ Political Philosophy.
Stefano Petrucciani, Karl Marx: A Critical Inquiry into the Evolution of His Ideas.
Jean-Duma Ducange and Elisa Marcobelli, Jean Jaurès, Selected Writings. On Socialism, Pacifism and Marxism.
Kohei Saito, The Legacy of Engels in the 21st Century: A Critical Reexamination.
Jean-Duma Ducange, Elisa Marcobelli, Jaurès, Selected Writings. On Socialism, Pacifism and Marxism.
Terrell Carver, Friedrich Engels: His Life and Thought.